- Stokes considers this the year Pie in the Sky Software was founded as a proper business.
- The final version of InnerMission is released.
- May 5: Wolfenstien 3D is released by id Software, popularizing the modern first-person shooter.
- Corncob 3D is released as shareware.
- Stop Nick Macki is created as a beta draft for Pie in the Sky's in-development first-person shooter. Timelocked not to run after July 15th.
- Lethal Tender is released, premièring Power 3D.
- Pie in the Sky Software begins work on a German FPS.
- Terminal Terror is released.
- Pie in the Sky Software begins work on the 3D Game Creation System (GCS).
- Corncob Deluxe is released as the retail version of Corncob 3D by MVP Software.
- Version 1.x of the GCS is released.
- Version 2.x of the GCS is released for Microsoft Windows.
- August: first news post is uploaded to the GCS Games website.
- Version 3.x of the GCS is released, demoed by the game Max Resistance.
- May: Pie in the Sky Software is disbanded and the GCS is commercially discontinued.
- August 30: last news post on the GCS Games website.
- The 3D Game Creation System, alongside GameMaker: Studio, Construct, The Games Factory and FPS Creator, was used in the "CS 110: Problem Solving through Game Creation" course put out by the College of Engineering and Applied Science.
- October 28: the website GCS Archive is founded by Lonnie "Saturdaynight" King.
- The site is principally created for his DOS GCS Demonstration Project, later renamed to MOD-G.
- March 5: the Wikipedia article for Pie in the Sky is started by Graham L. Wilson.
- March 13: Pie in the Sky Software is briefly revived as a developer for the Android platform.
- February 28: the first beta of the MOD-G project is released by Lonnie "Saturdaynight" King.
- March 20: an archived version of the old GCS Games website is uploaded by leileilo.
- October 9: Lazy Game Reviews releases a video about Corncob 3D.
- December 4: Lazy Game Reviews releases a video about Prezzie Hunt.
- October 13: the YouTube channel Hall of First Person Games is launched; going on to feature several Power 3D titles.